Unexpected 6.30am baking two days before my three (and final) exams of uni? Yep. And the result.. blueberry and coconut-y muffins! Vegan-friendly.
I feel like my recipes are really considerate of vegans. They’d like totally not bully them at school. I mean not that I ever got bullied, but kids can be so mean. My muffins aren’t. You should try them out.
Makes 8 small muffins
- 160 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25 g dessicated coconut
- 60 g sugar (50 g if having them with icing – picture below)
- 120ml milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 80 ml oil
- Chia seeds
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar. Wait a bit until it thickens a little (or at least when there’s obviously been some kind of change. If nothing happens, add a little more vinegar.)
- Measure the dry.
- Add the oil, vanilla and milk mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Use this basic muffin recipe and make them whatever flavour you fancy! Lemon and lime, raspberry and milk chocolate, cinnamon sugar!
- I just threw some chia seeds in there because they were lying around. Not necessary and not trying to make these all superfoody – I just like their squeakiness!
- No need to toast the coconut for the inside of the muffin, but please do brown them a bit in a pan if sprinkling them on top! Not giving them toast is like not melting cheese that’s on a pizza.